Monday 18 March 2013

Will.I.Am & Justin Bieber have got #ThatPower

Cover Art



Despite Justin Bieber's recent London behaviour, and claims that he won't be coming back to London,  he reminds us all "i'm alive, i'm alive, i'm alive" lending his vocals to Will.I.Am's new single "That Power" and Justin, we know you are and we're glad.

The track is true to Will.I.Am's slick production style, but its Justin's voice that makes this track the true beauty that it is, connecting the dance beat to a current and almost futuristic pop song, sure to win over all the Will.I.Am fans and of course all the Beliebers out there.
The "Second-Minute-Hour-Bigger-Better-Stronger-Power" moment in the first 52 seconds that leads us into Will.I.Am's vocals at the minute mark are incredibly reminiscent of Daft Pank's "Harder Better Faster Stronger" - Cleverly done Will, an opportunity to bring in new, older fans, clever.

I'd give this track a 9/10 as I would have liked to have heard some more of Justin's vocals here, sort of the same with Scream & Shout and Britney Spears, so far both Spears and now Bieber have lent their voices to Will.I.Am's single but maybe in future they could be given a bit more time on the tracks as Will's material can sometimes fall into the trap of sounding "samey", especially when the beat to this track does sound a little like Scream & Shout.

You can listen to the new Will.I.Am feat Justin Bieber single here but afterwards i'd listen to the daft punk single here to see what I mean too!

No comments:

Post a Comment